Last Updated on April 21, 2020
Depression is a mental health disorder that affects thousands of people worldwide. It can be explained by hereditary factors, side effects of some medications, or emotionally distressing episodes that took away the joy of living, among other causes of depression.
It is much more complicated than it looks, and it is not worth saying, “Cheer up, woman. Or look at your health, man! This is even worse because it has precisely the opposite effect.
If this is your situation, know that there are natural remedies for depression that can help treat your case. We will tell you what they are. Meet the seven natural depression remedies that you should consider.
1. Adopt a Healthy and Balanced Diet
How to know if you have depression? It is easy. Just see if you are always at the bottom of the well, if you are irritated by everything and nothing and if you are not willing to smile, among other depression symptoms.
But you must find the strength to eat a healthy diet if you want to treat your depression problem correctly. And for your diet to be successful, you must follow the following recommendations:
• Avoiding Alcohol: The alcohol intake may relax at the moment, but later on, it tends to aggravate mood swings, anxiety, and other signs of depression.
• Eliminate Sugar Intake: Sweets are part of comfort foods, and they increase the presence of sugars in the blood, which increases irritability and moodiness.
• Include Magnesium: Magnesium is essential for the production of serotonin, and that is why you should include vegetables, nuts, and whole grains in your diet. In essence, they are foods rich in magnesium.
• Bet on Vitamin B6: It is extremely important in the production of serotonin and dopamine for the body.
• Surrender to Essential Fatty Acids: Omega-3 fatty acid is the type of fat required for your brain to function at its fullest. The body does not produce omega 3 fatty acids, so you must obtain them from food.